Senior Technical Artist - EA Sports Tech
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 174433
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist 2
Senior Technical Artist - Rigging & Deformation
Vancouver, Canada or Remote
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Our Character Animation Research Team (known as the A-Team) is a small team based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
We are a cross-functional, applied R&D team, strategically positioned in EA to drive and disrupt the future of character animation technology. We are a self-motivated, collaborative team, empowered to constantly explore and leverage the latest innovations across the fields of animation, rigging, physics, and machine learning. Our technology has been used to create next-generation gameplay realism across EA titles such as FIFA, Madden, NHL, UFC, Battlefield, and many others.
Join us in helping shape the future of how games are made!
The Sr. TA will work with the A-Team TADs, game team TAD's and central content teams to create tools, workflows and systems to achieve the highest quality character deformation. This includes investment in R&D for the future of rigging at EA.
- Develop global rigging deformation workflows and systems with the goal of convergence and efficiency
- Participate in and enhance the EA character community
- Coordinate with content creators to achieve highest possible content to our game team partners
- Partner with Technical Art Directors on rigging content game integration
- Collaborate on solutions with other disciplines (Animation, Engineering and Art)
- Evolve rigging domain along with changing industry technology and trends
- Participate in development of training programs for A-Team
- Collaborate on and follow A-Team best practices (code conventions, versioning, node naming, directory structure)
- Participate in code and art reviews
- Communicate risks and concerns with A-Team leadership
- Work with A-Team on rigging deformation solutions
- Aim to improve cross studio communication and team culture
- Write documentation, where applicable
Required Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 10+ years of rigging experience in games and film
- Expertise in creating common animation rigs, tools and workflows for rigging and animation
- Expert knowledge in Maya
- Expert knowledge in Python
- Working knowledge in Motion Builder
- Understanding of physical motion, weight, balance and form
- Knowledge of human and creature anatomy
- Experience with motion capture and motion retargeting
- Experience with editor-based game development environments (Unreal, Unity)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist - EA Sports Tech
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-07-01 16:50:23.857
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。