Senior Technical Animator (Star Wars FPS)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 174205
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
We're looking for an accomplished Senior Technical Animator who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to provide support to our Star Wars FPS Animation and Character Teams. As a Senior Technical Animator, you will play a key role in empowering other developers by working closely with the Tech Anim, Engineering, Character Art, and Animation Departments. If this sounds like you, we're eager to chat!
What you'll do...
- Reporting to the Lead Technical Animator, you will be responsible for helping to develop our technical animation tools and character pipeline from the ground up.
- Work directly with relevant contributors and department heads in order to develop our runtime tools for the character pipeline in the Unreal Engine, and build Maya pipelines to support them.
- Pioneer and develop solutions for character and animation workflows across the project.
- Partner with Engineering to implement character systems that are robust, performant, and scalable.
- Collaborate with Design and other disciplines to build functional prototypes in-engine, which you'll eventually develop into shippable systems.
- Work with Tech Anim, Animation, and Character Art Leads on developing a facial animation pipeline.
- Provide troubleshooting support to the relevant Art and Animation Teams, mainly for Tech Anim tools in Unreal and Maya.
- Provide feedback to external partners and help ensure their work meets our quality bar and performance standards.
Ideally, you'll have...
- 5-7+ years of game industry experience working on the technical side of Art and Animation for games.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive, professional manner.
- Extensive experience in writing Artist/Animator facing tools for relevant software (Python/PySide).
- Extensive character and creature rigging experience using Maya.
- Experience working with an engine-side scripting solution (Blueprint or equivalent).
- Experience working with both keyframe animation and motion capture data.
- Experience building or contributing to a FACS based facial animation pipeline, and working with external partners.
- Experience working on 2 or more shipped AAA titles, ideally in the FPS genre.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $108,700 - $166,550
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $107,450 - $166,550
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $107,450 - $166,550
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $107,450 - $153,250
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $107,450 - $153,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Animator (Star Wars FPS)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 252
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。