Emplacement: Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 174171
Position Title: Software Engineer II
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
- You will:
- Design exciting encounters in Star Wars: The Old Republic, working with a team of programmers, artists, and designers through all stages of development.
- Create clear design documentation.
- Implement design feedback from all relevant sources.
- Provide and receive input to your own and your peers' work.
- Collaborate with the team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, find solutions, and share experience.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices to develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- At least 2 Years experience in systems design and game design
- Experience developing complex multiplayer combat encounters.
- Familiarity with level design fundamentals, constraints, and narrative.
- Proficiency balancing encounters, and familiarity with Excel.
- Create and facilitate interesting and original ideas.
- Comfortable collaborating with groups within art and programming.
- Experience with current scripting language and level editors with the ability to implement and manipulate content.
- Familiarity with Star Wars: The Old Republic gameplay and level design.
- Knowledge of current MMORPG genre trends.
- Constructively critique the content of peers in a group environment, and receive the same constructive critique.
- A passion for gaming!
Community / Marketing Title: UX Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. est un des chefs de file mondiaux sur le marché du divertissement numérique interactif. EA propose des jeux, contenus et services en ligne pour ordinateurs, téléphones portables, tablettes électroniques et consoles avec accès Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-06-27 18:33:32.05
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale ou état d'ancien combattant. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.