Senior Concept Artist
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 174088
Position Title: Artist 2
Senior Concept Artist
Location - EA Hyderabad.
We’re EA - developers of world-renowned games such as —Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars, and Plants vs. Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform—from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games, a division of Electronic Arts India, is one of EA Mobile’s valued studios and is home to some of the most talented teams comprising of Design, Art, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Analytics, and Community & Marketing individuals.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary.
- Ownership – Get things done.
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games.
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks.
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do.
If you have the passion for playing and making games, we'd love to hear from you and explore opportunities for a 2D Concept artist position we have in our studio!
You will be responsible for bringing characters and beautifully crafted worlds to life! You will work very closely with the Art Director, Senior Art Leads, Game Designers and other members of the game cross functional teams where both your creativity and technical skills will help shape and improve our games.
As 2D Concept artist you will be responsible for the development concepts for in game assets.
This includes characters, effects, plants etc.
You will also participate in the final asset creation and implementing those assets in production pipeline framework.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create the look of the game assets by working with the Art Director to establish a consistent visual direction for mood, environments, characters, plants, etc. by creating inspiring concept art that focuses on dynamic visual elements that maintain quirkiness and humor of the game.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to implement the vision for the game
- Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, on schedule
- Produce high quality 2D concepts and assets in a variety of art styles
- Assist in creating art style guides with the Art Director
- Work closely with colleagues to foster a highly communicative, coordinated team effort
- Ensure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over your work throughout the project's development
You should have:
Mandatory: A portfolio to demonstrate the below requirements-
- 3+ years of prior work experience as a game concept artist.
- Good communication skills and enthusiasm for continued learning and growth
- Excellent Creativity in ideas and storytelling through visual imagery
- Strong foundational art skills: Anatomy, Lighting and Form, Composition, Perspective, Architecture
- Strong design skills: organic, inorganic
- Excellent visual storytelling, and written skills.
- Strong understanding of quirkiness and humor.
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines.
- Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player.
- Passion for playing video games across multiple platforms – specifically mobile games and staying up to date on popular trend
- Technical skills: Photoshop (expert-level), 3D production workflow is a plus
- Ability to accept and incorporate feedback through various stages of production
- Versatility in producing art in various styles
Software skills required
- Animate cc
Good to have
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Concept Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-06-09 05:57:05.327
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.