Character Artist - Maxis
여러 위치: Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • British Columbia, Canada • Ontario, Canada • California, USA • North Carolina, USA • Utah, USA
Requisition Number: 174085
Position Title: Character Artist
Character Artist - Maxis Studios
Location: Open to Remote for most North America locations
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
We are looking for a Character Artist to work closely with the Art Director, Concept team, Senior Character Artist, and Technical Leads to define visual standards and support the technical development of characters for the project. You will actively participate in the research and development of the asset creation methods and pipelines designed to add new design-driven features unique to the project. In addition to creating high-quality character models and materials, you will guide external partners to deliver work that meets the project standards. The ideal candidate proactively seeks opportunities to elevate the game, enjoys learning emerging technologies that improve the pipeline, embraces constructive feedback, and thrives in a highly collaborative environment. You will report to a Development Director of the Creative team.
- Create visually appealing character assets with the Art Director, Concept and Character teams
- Create both high resolution and low polygon 3D sculpts along with texturing game assets
- Solve for aesthetic and technical challenges with the Character and Technical Art teams
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists
- Strong understanding of and experience sculpting human anatomy regarding scale, proportion, and surface properties
- Demonstrates ability in character stylization
- Proficient in industry-standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, and Photoshop
- Understands current-gen video game tech methods and their implications for the character creation pipeline. For example: PBR, dynamics, displacement, parallax, SSS, shader animation
- Able to use and understand shaders in Unreal Engine
- Ability to learn new tools and techniques.
- Articulates pipeline needs for developing new technologies to improve character team workflows
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Demonstrates comfort with uncertainty and complexity and adapts to change efficiently and effectively
- Achieves with and through others, partners well, and communicates and listens effectively to focus on team goals
- Champions diversity and creates an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive
- Has served as a Character Artist on a published title using Unreal Engine
- 3+ years of professional industry experience as a Character Artist
- Mobile game development experience
- Experience working in a distributed development environment
- Experience working with player-facing character creators
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2022-06-10 17:22:21.937
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.