Director, Product Management
Location: Guildford, UK
Requisition Number: 174076
Position Title: Director, Product Management
Lead Product Manager, Finance IT
Would you like to help EA build innovative games by creating experiences that attract and develop the best talent? Are you passionate about enabling new business models for players to play video games and consume content? Do you want to be part of the gaming industry that is poised to be the century’s dominant form of entertainment? Are you strategic in your vision yet hands-on in your delivery?
You will report to the Product Management Director of Finance (as part of the EAIT Product and Program Management function) and will be responsible for building the next generation of products to prepare our organization for the business operation of the future. Working with corporate functions (like Finance, Tax, Treasury, Controllership, Accounting, Marketing, Legal, Business Development, Digital Platforms, Supply Chain) you will identify impactful opportunities and work with delivery teams to make solutions come to life!
Create product line vision, objectives and roadmap based on solving customer’s biggest problems
- Uncover underlying customer needs by understanding end user perspectives and pain points (focusing on the “why”)
- Influence others to make the case for change and decide what problems to invest in
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define objectives that drive cohesive end to end experiences
- Determine product strategy and roadmap that aligns with EA’s complex product ecosystem, considering industry trends, vendor marketspace, and organizational priorities
- Work to ensure cohesion across products and organization
Determine what capabilities and delivery approach will have the biggest return on investment
- Transform specific customer requests into prioritized capabilities that solve the underlying need
- Define, document & effectively communicate customer journey, process maps, and detailed user stories/requirements
- Partner with engineering and external vendors to assess build vs. buy options, focused on delivering simple and scalable solutions with a reasonable time to value
- Clearly communicate trade-offs and fit gap analysis to drive product decisions and set stakeholder expectations
Manage delivery cycle to take ideas from concept to implementation
- Refine requirements based on prototyping, hands on testing, and iterative feedback, acting as a bridge between customer desires and technical realities
- Drive end to end product release including feature design & development, integrations, data migration, cutover from legacy applications, and stabilization/support
- Proactively manage sprint plans, issues, and decisions, anticipating risk and ensuring focus stays on maximizing value within timeline and resource constraints
- Manage resource allocation, budget and spend
- Track and communicate progress while managing user/stakeholder/leadership expectations
Manage change and continuously improve product to adapt to changing customer needs
- Facilitate collaboration with stakeholder groups on process, people, and policy changes to enhance product changes
- Build awareness, excitement, and knowledge of new features through communication and training material creation and facilitation of training sessions
- Solicit feedback and analyze data to constantly test, learn, and evolve product and approach
Indirectly manage work of other product managers
- Provide oversight and coaching to less senior team members, including prioritization and capacity management
- Bridge decisions, issues and focus of various products to ensure product line as a whole is delivering a consistent user experience while optimizing resources
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or IT
- Subject matter expertise in Finance – Revenue Recognition and processing, Forecasting Strong analytical skills with close attention to details
- Ability to work independently with little direction as well as to manage the work of others
- Business savvy attitude with ability to shape holistic solutions, including people and process change with our partners and build platforms that support future flexibility
- Able to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and effectively communicate to both business and technical partners
- Must have a problem-solving orientation and demonstrate evidence of having negotiated resolution of both technical and organizational issues in order to put challenged initiatives back on track.
- Familiarity with transaction management software like Oracle EBS, SAP, Workday, NetSuite - revenue management systems a definite plus
- Experience in the digital software space preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Product Management
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2022-06-21 21:08:27.1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.