Senior Gameplay Software Engineer - C++ (Apex Legends)
Locații multiple: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 174039
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
- Generalist able to learn and contribute to multiple systems.
- Work on a game with fast, responsive controls, and fluid gameplay.
- Work closely with other engineers, producers, designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development.
- Build, improve, and maintain game systems.
- Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
- Own a problem or feature and see it to resolution.
- Adapt to fast changing requirements.
- Balance immediate needs with focus on long-term scalability.
- Highly internally motivated and can work with independence if needed.
- Comfortable jumping into a variety of unfamiliar code systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Enjoys mentoring and learning from others.
- Passionate about improving systems for performance, usability and scalability.
- Working experience in one or all areas of math, physics, rendering, gameplay or systems.
- Excellent C/C++ skills. 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team
Nice to Have
- CS or Comp Eng degree preferred.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles
- Prior gameplay experience on a AAA shooter
- Console programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $125,050 - $191,050
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $113,900 - $154,950
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $113,900 - $179,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Gameplay Software Engineer - C++ (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Days Open: 275
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.