Development Director - The Sims
Multiple Locations: Sweden • Germany • United Kingdom • Spain
Requisition Number: 174030
Position Title: DD I
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
You will be responsible for managing a development team. This can range from artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. Development Directors are the keepers of the project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner closely with producers (our product owners) to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget
- Builds and evolves an effective team; identifies resourcing needs, provides challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with the immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the successful completion of the project.
- Provides line management to employees across disciplines within a single project team.
- Maintains regular communication with the project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to establish and assign tasks from defined project goals.
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality.
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the tasks and/or project requirements
- Proactively assesses and mitigates risk for the team’s assigned scope.
- Tracks progress of team’s deliverables and provides regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Actively partners with product owners, tech and craft leads to resolve problems that surfaces for the team.
- Run stand ups and sprint planning meetings effectively
- Work with subject matter experts of your team and ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Manages career development of direct reports, including development of individual development plans, and conducting regular one-on-ones.
- Prioritizing and resolving issues through creative problem solving skills.
- Recognizing and balancing priorities of eliminating the root causes of problems.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management or team leadership experience in a software development environment.
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- A good understanding of game development, interdisciplinary dependencies and associated development risks.
- Effective communicator and listener.
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Some people management experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with JIRA.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director - The Sims
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-06-08 17:14:46.27
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。