Development Director - Sports Art
Location: Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 174012
Position Title: DD I
EA SPORTS ART team is looking for an experienced Development Director to join our awesome team and expand it to our new location in Madrid, Spain. Our team delivers the art for some of the biggest sports videogame franchises in the world, including Madden NFL football, College Football, PGA Golf, and more.
Initially you will be responsible for hiring a team of artists and onboarding them to their respective projects as well as EA as a company. As the team gets up and running, you will ensure the team is productive, happy, and engaged. The role requires relationship-building skills, the ability to build credibility and influence within and outside the studio. You can also engage, lead, influence, and communicate meaningfully at all levels.
You’ll help craft a strategy for the Madrid team, identify tactics, improve process, craft solutions, prioritize and measure the success of your team’s work. You’ll keep aligned with project DDs and partner closely with stakeholders across North America and other parts the world.
Outcomes will include successfully managing to project on-time predictability and quality targets, budgets while achieving established goals and targets.
This is a role with a great opportunity to build a team from scratch and then help them deliver the biggest sports games in the world. You will be helping team learn as they deliver, partnering to drive strategy, and creating an environment that constantly improves our execution.
Who you are
- An empathetic and inclusive people leader, making people in your teams feel seen and heard.
- You have a track record of developing and growing teams.
- You’re comfortable in communicating and influencing at all levels.
- Comfortable in ambiguity.
- Experienced in career management.
- Used to working with different cultures and time zones.
- A good understanding of art production for video games.
- 5+ years of experience in project management.
What you’ll do
- Craft a yearly strategy for location and execute against it.
- Align with Service team, External Development, and other titles to foster a global approach.
- Ensure mutual trust is as high as possible with our partners.
- Monitor relationship with our partners through qualitative and quantitative KPIs.
- Initiate specific initiatives to get the team closer (team building, new project set-up proposal, etc.)
- Ensure team is set-up to exceed project goals (quality/efficiency/cost).
- Accountable for projects deliveries to game teams.
- Review, align, and improve processes.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure quality is meeting project requirements.
- Ensure projects have the best resource mix/set-up.
- Key stakeholder in hiring process.
- Ensure teams are engaged and happy.
- Create long term training plans (aligned with partners, projects, and strategy).
- Foster our culture by setting a good example.
- Career management of team members on- and offsite.
Where you’ll be
- For this role, it needs to be on-site (or hybrid) in Madrid, Spain.
- We offer a flexible working situation, but we think you’ll want to spend most of your time in the office initially.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director - Sports Art
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-06-07 17:54:51.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.