Quality Assurance Development Manager (Battlefield Mobile)
Multiple Locations: Pasadena, CA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Sacramento, CA, USA • Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 174002
Position Title: DM
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to bring "Mobile To The Core". We are working to bring a top level experience in FPS gaming to your phone. If you're interested in working with veteran mobile and HD developers in creating new experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Our team culture is collaborative and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager and team are accountable for defining and delivering the Strategic Planning and Operational Vision for the Quality Assurance group. You will collaborate with partner program managers to establish schedules, define budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics.
A Quality Assurance Manager will help develop, guide the quality teams processes with internal and external game teams. You will be embedded within the development organization, help improve core QA practice across EA and share knowledge across the organization, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be an advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
The Quality Assurance Manager must have both a solid project management background and people management skills. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level projects and operational efficiency projects.
You will also spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders, engaging in daily test responsibilities and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an essential function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside partners are important to success in this role.
Reporting to the QA group Development Manager we're looking for a motivated and passionate Quality Assurance - Project Development Manager to join our team to help coordinate and test our mobile titles.
Primary responsibilities :
- Manage whole project from the quality point of view with the ability to speak to the project in detail
- Process and workflow management, identifying and improving processes to maintain high quality standards through multiple development and live project cycles
- Resource management/planning, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
- Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating Return on investment and cost vs benefit analysis
- Work with internal / external partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project Indicators
- Solutions oriented problem solver
- Lead change with the ability to reprioritize business important tasks and promote keeping the team focused and engaged
- Define, monitor, and improve product quality Indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes are followed, influencing partners where needed to protect and uphold product quality
- Collaborator with internal and external partners across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Guide quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to partners, using data that represent product quality Indicators
- Active participation in the test responsibilities and processes
- Advocate and foster a culture of quality
You will speak to the following levels of practical experience
- QA Project Managers are expected to have at a minimum:
- 7+ years of experience in a software development environment
- 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
- 5 years minimum of leadership experience
- Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
- Experienced with financial management, budget tracking, QA cost estimates and constraints
- Communicate across all kinds of disciplines where needed (technical and non-technical)
- Understand analytics and Indicators as a way of tracking product quality
- Able to operate with some autonomy, comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote the best quality principles
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
- Experience shipping mobile titles built in (UE4, Unreal)
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, processes, and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Assurance Development Manager (Battlefield Mobile)
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand, Veteranenstatus oder anderer durch das Gesetz geschützte Charakteristiken getroffen. Wir berücksichtigen unter Einhaltung der geltenden rechtlichen Bestimmungen auch qualifizierte Kandidaten mit Vorstrafen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.
Date Opened: 2022-06-03 18:08:37.017
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.