Manager, Corporate Development
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 173976
Position Title: Sr. Business Development Manager
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher and leading interactive entertainment software company. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars: The Old Republic, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from console to PC to online to mobile — to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
* We are open to considering candidates at the Manager or Senior Manager level, depending on capabilities. *
Manager/Senior Manager, Corporate Development
Join EA’s fast-paced Corporate Development team where energy, teamwork, original ideas and contribution are highly valued.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager/Senior Manager to join our Corporate Development team in the Bay Area. EA’s Corporate Development team is responsible for the evaluation and execution of M&A and strategic initiatives globally across EA’s business units. The group partners closely with the company's executive management and business unit leaders to: (i) identify growth opportunities for EA (ii) source and evaluate strategic initiatives that will capitalize upon these opportunities and drive shareholder value and (iii) manage the transaction execution and integration process.
- Lead the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives, including acquisitions, investments, divestitures, and strategic projects & partnerships:
- Opportunity evaluation and assessment
- Financial modelling and valuation
- Business case development
- Diligence & issue resolution
- Transaction execution & integration
- Management of internal and external transaction team
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams and business unit colleagues
- Prepare and deliver presentations to business unit leaders and senior management
- Source, research, and recommend potential M&A and strategic opportunities
- Monitor and assess market participants and trends in the gaming, interactive entertainment, and related sectors
Experience & Skills Required
- MBA from top-tier institution
- Total work experience of 10+ years with a minimum of 4 years in corporate development at a large technology or media company, and a background in investment banking
- Excellent financial analysis and valuation skills, including understanding of merger/acquisition analysis and related issues
- Excellent business sense and ability to understand and resolve complex business issues
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence across all levels within and outside the company
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- A strong personal interest in the gaming industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly communicate and present to executive management
- Ability to assimilate and work with multiple business units within the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and financial modelling best-practices
- Collaborative, team player
- Fun, outgoing, and easy to work with
- Interested in gaming
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $129,050 - $204,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Corporate Development
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2022-06-02 19:11:05.84
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。