Manager, Corporate Development
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 173976
Position Title: Sr. Business Development Manager
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher and leading interactive entertainment software company. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars: The Old Republic, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from console to PC to online to mobile — to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
* We are open to considering candidates at the Manager or Senior Manager level, depending on capabilities. *
Manager/Senior Manager, Corporate Development
Join EA’s fast-paced Corporate Development team where energy, teamwork, original ideas and contribution are highly valued.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager/Senior Manager to join our Corporate Development team in the Bay Area. EA’s Corporate Development team is responsible for the evaluation and execution of M&A and strategic initiatives globally across EA’s business units. The group partners closely with the company's executive management and business unit leaders to: (i) identify growth opportunities for EA (ii) source and evaluate strategic initiatives that will capitalize upon these opportunities and drive shareholder value and (iii) manage the transaction execution and integration process.
- Lead the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives, including acquisitions, investments, divestitures, and strategic projects & partnerships:
- Opportunity evaluation and assessment
- Financial modelling and valuation
- Business case development
- Diligence & issue resolution
- Transaction execution & integration
- Management of internal and external transaction team
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams and business unit colleagues
- Prepare and deliver presentations to business unit leaders and senior management
- Source, research, and recommend potential M&A and strategic opportunities
- Monitor and assess market participants and trends in the gaming, interactive entertainment, and related sectors
Experience & Skills Required
- MBA from top-tier institution
- Total work experience of 10+ years with a minimum of 4 years in corporate development at a large technology or media company, and a background in investment banking
- Excellent financial analysis and valuation skills, including understanding of merger/acquisition analysis and related issues
- Excellent business sense and ability to understand and resolve complex business issues
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence across all levels within and outside the company
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- A strong personal interest in the gaming industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly communicate and present to executive management
- Ability to assimilate and work with multiple business units within the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and financial modelling best-practices
- Collaborative, team player
- Fun, outgoing, and easy to work with
- Interested in gaming
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $129,050 - $204,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Corporate Development
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 295
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.