Senior Mission Designer (Star Wars FPS Team)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 173952
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Mission Designer with expertise in level layout and construction to join us in creating our new Star Wars First Person Shooter game. You will take a level from the earliest stages of concept, developing it in collaboration with the rest of the team, and guiding it to completion. We are looking for someone who thinks about level flow, gameplay space, and can anticipate and incorporate artistic concepts to create outstanding experiences for our players.
What you'll do…
- Reporting to the Lead Mission Designer, you will work with design leadership, design team, artists, code, and animation departments to create level designs that epitomize the creative vision of the game.
- Develop the gameplay environments that guide and engage the player while showcasing the unique beauty of any given space.
- Manage level designs from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood.
- Assimilate and incorporate playtests and feedback to make exciting, accessible, and fun, FPS experiences.
- Help establish and enforce design best practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
- Have fun with a passionate collaborative team creating a new and exciting Star Wars experience!
Ideally you will have…
- 5+ years' experience in the games industry working in a level design capacity, shipping at least one title including a shipped AAA game.
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal preferred but not required) with strong understanding of implementation and integration into the pipeline.
- Extensive experience and insight into developing the game environment with an understanding of how artistic and architectural concepts mesh can be designed to engage and guide the player.
- Deep practical knowledge of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, and testing.
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
- Experience with level editing and 3D blockout in Maya, Unity, UDK, or other proprietary tools.
- A portfolio with examples and detailed breakdowns of your work, showcasing the above.
- Competency in clearly and effectively pitching game design concepts.
- A team-oriented approach to your work, understanding the importance of collaboration, and partnering with all departments.
- Willingness to master new tools and techniques.
- Passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Passion for Star Wars and FPS games is a plus!
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Mission Designer (Star Wars FPS Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2022-06-02 00:23:39.84
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。