Core Game Engineer - Maxis
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Arizona, USA • Utah, USA • California, USA • Nevada, USA • Oregon, USA
Requisition Number: 173825
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, and storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
Reporting to a Development Director a Core Engineer will work on one or multiple related game subsystems within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and Blueprints. Some prototypes and features may be done completely in C++.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- 3+ years experience implementing complex game subsystems.
- 3+ years of programming experience in modern C++
- Desktop (PC/Mac) development experience required.
- Experience with Unreal Engine is strongly suggested.
- Experience with mobile platforms suggested.
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Experience prototyping systems.
- Experience protoptyping applications.
Drive the delivery of the following:
- Work with design team to identify prototyping needs.
- Develop game subsystem prototypes.
- Improve existing prototypes.
- Provide time estimates for tasks.
- Implement production level subsystems.
- Improve code to reach the desired performance.
- Document components.
- Learn new technologies needed to complete the tasks.
- Perform as subject expert.
Community / Marketing Title: Core Game Engineer - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2022-05-24 21:03:15.387
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。