Game Designer II - The Sims 4 (Contract) - Maxis
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, CA, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada • Georgia, USA • North Carolina, USA • Texas, USA • Utah, USA
Requisition Number: 173765
Position Title: Contingent
Game Designer II - The Sims 4 (Contract)
Location: Redwood City, CA | Austin, TX | Toronto, ON | Hybrid | Remote - Open to in most North America locations
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don’t settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
As a Designer on The Sims, you'll work with a team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to design player-first experiences that surprise, delight, and invite millions of Simmers around the world to Play with Life.
You will report into a studio Development Director.
- Be an advocate, represent the Design team.
- Be an active member of the development team using inclusive collaborative frameworks with diverse teams to decide on goals and establish the stories players want to tell within a given release
- Collect and organize feedback from brainstorming workshops to inform design goals, visions, and solutions, and provide feedback to other designers.
- Design, tune and bug fix entire systems within Maxis' proprietary tools
- Help establish best practices for the team.
- Become a mentor to more junior members of the team.
- Have a depth of knowledge across a majority of systems, being able to oversee entire pillars for a pack and train/support the team on its features.
- Determine gameplay experience goals for designs, and tune features to meet those goals.
- Improve designs based on playtests, game metrics, team input and community feedback.
- Be resourceful and solve problems using the tools and time/scope available to create unique and fun experiences for players.
- Collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, animators, modelers, engineers and producers to get support from the team and guide a project from initial design to final production.
- Become an expert on the game and our community, drawing from our large, varied player base and our past games to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward.
- Have an eye for improving process and efficiency to make life easier for the Design team.
- Help establish best practices for the team.
- At least 2 years of game design experience on a video game development team.
- Excellent creative, analytical and organization skills with an ability to write detailed design documentation throughout a project life cycle.
- Progressive thinking while remaining energetic and motivated to overcome challenges with practical solutions.
- Interest in pushing boundaries telling inclusive human stories through systems and thematic storytelling
- Champion a design and get the team excited to work on it.
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Experience using a variety of scripting solutions to implement, tune and bug fix features.
- Become proficient in multiple proprietary development tools.
- Sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Design and implementation experience with game features which focus on open-ended player creativity.
- Effective at working both autonomously and in groups of different profiles.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing and creating.
- Experience with simulation games.
- Shipped a AAA HD title.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Comfortable with MS suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs, Miro, Visio, JIRA, and online collaboration suites such as Confluence.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer II - The Sims 4 (Contract) - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2022-05-24 21:10:44.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.