Software Engineer - C++ & Unreal
Ubicación: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 173646
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We're EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognisable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper and online games destination.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile's largest development organizations with more than 800 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA's top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
As Software Engineer, you will be an important member of a team building optimal mobile solution for EA Mobile. You will report to the Engineering Manager and work with our candid and collaborative team, where your knowledge and advice about using technology to grow our Ad business in multiple ways will be appreciated. The code you write will need to be of the highest quality. You will also help ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience.
Here's how your day would look like:
- You will be a top-level contributor in architectural strategy for major, complex implementations involving high-volume, globally distributed services.
- A hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Implement a strong architectural vision that scales for complex game services.
- Be an important partner/owner of the ad-tech roadmap including the development of tools and experiments focused on improving how we leverage ad-tech.
- Manage end-to-end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards regarding code quality and efficiency
- Estimate engineering effort during multiple stages of product life cycle.
- Track development deliverables and communicate their statuses, risks to global teams.
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance from inception through integration, staging and production environments to deliver solid test cases.
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects, and product managers.
- Ability to integrate research, conduct fail-fast POCs and implement MVPs at high velocity.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Maintain strong service catalog and up to date technical documentation.
- Establish logging, monitoring, analytics, and telemetry frameworks for the team.
- Establish & Enforce strong DevOps principles across all stages of development.
Who fits the bill:
- Extensive application development experience on Mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS.
- Through understanding of Application lifecycle in Mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS
- In-depth knowledge on third-party SDK integration. Preferably, Ad SDKs such as Google, Ironsource, FAN, Vungle etc.
- Fluent in C++ or C# with strong OOP fundamentals
- You are a strong problem-solver.
- Experience working on Games/Mobile application development.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- Familiarity with the JSON and XML formats
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns—MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture—and the ability to choose the best solution for the application.
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications.
- Experience with development using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Most important of all, you need to love games!
Good to have Skills:
- 1+ years experience working with ads-related third-party libraries, APIs, architecture, etc. a major value add.
- 3+ years of experience with Game engines and libraries like Unity, Cocos and Unreal.
- Understanding of mobile application development guidelines defined by first party(Apple and Google).
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - C++ & Unreal
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-05-17 10:49:10.96
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.