Quality Designer - Frostbite
Multiple Locations: Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 173616
Position Title: Quality Designer I
We are seeking a Quality Designer to join the Frostbite Team!
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry. This is an opportunity to join a team to help us promote quality across Frostbite and EA. You will report to the Frostbite Quality Development Director.
Note that a Quality Designer may be known differently in the software industry, such as a Quality Analyst, Quality Specialist, QA Lead, or Test Lead.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As a Quality Designer on Frostbite, you will partner with team members and game developers across EA worldwide, to set, measure, and achieve quality targets. You will focus on partnerships with game teams and develop strategies to reduce the cost of integrations.
You will have a holistic view of the project, from how the product is designed, developed & released, to how it is integrated and supported. You will analyze the product and methods of how the product is built, provide long-term quality strategies and short-term tactics to improve it, plan and execute, and use data and metrics to validate the effectiveness of the approaches you implement. Using multiple quality strategies and methodologies, you will strengthen the quality practices and enforce consistency across the teams, positively affecting Frostbite users worldwide.
- Foster partnerships with senior members of development, product, and other partners. Improving and driving new strategies to meet high-level quality goals of the team.
- Work with both internal and external partner teams to provide new ideas and best practices and to promote knowledge sharing and self-sufficiency among them all.
- Create feedback loops between your development partners and their customers and redirect knowledge to the Frostbite development and quality team so they can raise the quality bar for the engine.
- Always look for opportunities to improve the team's methodologies, processes, and workflows. Lead programs to implement those improvements, reduce cross-project risks and collaborate to produce group-wide quality enhancements.
- Establish and track goals. Analyze and use data to measure the effectiveness and make informed decisions.
- Create test strategies by cross-referencing all methods, coordinating with partners on refining and adapting to achieve Release acceptance criteria.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of QA testing experience
- Experience promoting and providing ownership of project-wide programs.
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Scaled Agile Enterprise preferred).
- Experience assessing project priorities according to urgency, severity, and risk.
- Proficiency in development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, Hansoft, DevTrack, or TestRail).
- Moderate proficiency with software development tools like Perforce (i.e. understand concepts of version control).
- Experience with programming concepts and software testing
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Basic proficiency with data visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Google Analytics
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Scripting experience
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2022-05-16 20:09:58.303
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.