Quality Designer - Frostbite
Multiple Locations: Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 173616
Position Title: Quality Designer I
We are seeking a Quality Designer to join the Frostbite Team!
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry. This is an opportunity to join a team to help us promote quality across Frostbite and EA. You will report to the Frostbite Quality Development Director.
Note that a Quality Designer may be known differently in the software industry, such as a Quality Analyst, Quality Specialist, QA Lead, or Test Lead.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As a Quality Designer on Frostbite, you will partner with team members and game developers across EA worldwide, to set, measure, and achieve quality targets. You will focus on partnerships with game teams and develop strategies to reduce the cost of integrations.
You will have a holistic view of the project, from how the product is designed, developed & released, to how it is integrated and supported. You will analyze the product and methods of how the product is built, provide long-term quality strategies and short-term tactics to improve it, plan and execute, and use data and metrics to validate the effectiveness of the approaches you implement. Using multiple quality strategies and methodologies, you will strengthen the quality practices and enforce consistency across the teams, positively affecting Frostbite users worldwide.
- Foster partnerships with senior members of development, product, and other partners. Improving and driving new strategies to meet high-level quality goals of the team.
- Work with both internal and external partner teams to provide new ideas and best practices and to promote knowledge sharing and self-sufficiency among them all.
- Create feedback loops between your development partners and their customers and redirect knowledge to the Frostbite development and quality team so they can raise the quality bar for the engine.
- Always look for opportunities to improve the team's methodologies, processes, and workflows. Lead programs to implement those improvements, reduce cross-project risks and collaborate to produce group-wide quality enhancements.
- Establish and track goals. Analyze and use data to measure the effectiveness and make informed decisions.
- Create test strategies by cross-referencing all methods, coordinating with partners on refining and adapting to achieve Release acceptance criteria.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of QA testing experience
- Experience promoting and providing ownership of project-wide programs.
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Scaled Agile Enterprise preferred).
- Experience assessing project priorities according to urgency, severity, and risk.
- Proficiency in development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, Hansoft, DevTrack, or TestRail).
- Moderate proficiency with software development tools like Perforce (i.e. understand concepts of version control).
- Experience with programming concepts and software testing
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Basic proficiency with data visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Google Analytics
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Scripting experience
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2022-05-16 20:09:58.303
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.