Quality Designer - The Sims
Plusieurs Emplacements: Madrid, Spain • Spain
Requisition Number: 173591
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Development Technology & Services (DTS)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, SEED, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Are you interested in joining Maxis, and in being part of an established & experienced team? We are hiring a Quality Designer for Sims 4! This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and work on one of the most storied franchises in gaming history.
You are passionate about making high-quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals. You are experienced in game development, dedicated and eager about quality, and use technology and data to protect the player experience.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
Quality Designers are senior QA specialists responsible for developing processes for driving end-to-end quality across a game. You will improve QA practices across EA and knowledge share throughout the organization, see quality from a player perspective, and be the advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
You will report to the Development Director/Manager.
- Lead the Quality Verification efforts partnering with Dev Pods to deliver top-class content, steering the quality of experience.
- Identify areas where testing processes, data validation, communication, reporting and feedback can be improved to provide pipelines.
- Document reproduction steps, gathering test data and outputs, rebuild and test code and data fixes and produce supporting debug output to assist the whole game development.
- Verify fixes and manage bug reports to track game quality.
- Workflow champion in assisting the triage and prioritization of bugs with Production, understanding where to direct effort for most gain on servicing bugs and feature requests.
- Monitor the game builds, and follow up on fixes when we have issues that prevent the game from meeting quality goals.
- Partner with the Quality Engineering team to help identify technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Partner with Data Analytics teams and develop data solutions to improve game quality through verification & validations methods.
- Derive and execute test planning through a Risk-based testing approach.
- Identify and report risks to the project.
- Collaborate and promote best practices across the quality organization.
- 5 years experience as a QA analyst/feature owner.
- Working knowledge of Test & Issue Management systems (e.g., JIRA).
- An enthusiasm for games and life simulation is a bonus.
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development.
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
- Experience with automation frameworks, scripting, and advocating for automated test solutions
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer - The Sims
Electronic Arts Inc. est un des chefs de file mondiaux sur le marché du divertissement numérique interactif. EA propose des jeux, contenus et services en ligne pour ordinateurs, téléphones portables, tablettes électroniques et consoles avec accès Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-05-17 21:17:22.017
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale ou état d'ancien combattant. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.