Producer (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 173436
Position Title: Assoc Producer II
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create ground-breaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an experienced Producer who will embrace our player- and gameplay-first philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and supporting the execution of long and short-term plans for cross-functional technical systems development. You will facilitate communication across the team, support workflow dependencies, identify and mitigate risks, and be a key component in our team hitting our development goals.
What you’ll do...
- In partnership with the Technical Directors and Leads, drive production of technical systems and features.
- Partner closely with the team leads to understand their challenges and identify impediments to success.
- Establish and maintain the team’s schedule and scope/capacity plans. Work with the team to establish and execute on realistic sprint plans.
- Take on management of one or more direct reports. Support their professional development through coaching, regular feedback, and workload management.
- Focus on development processes, identifying inefficiencies and introducing production and development process improvements.
- Be a conduit of communication between departments and provide support to the team in a variety of different capacities.
- Look at long term strategies for any potential roadblocks and proactively address them.
- Drive features from initial requests through release.
- Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
- Partner effectively with other team members to support overall efforts of the department and help define and encourage production best practices.
Ideally you will have...
- 3+ years of experience as a Producer for technical teams working on AAA game/s, through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, risks, and dependencies to the development and leadership teams.
- A strong understanding of game development methodologies.
- Experience working with waterfall and agile planning methods.
- Proactive tendencies and an endless motor.
- Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
- Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once.
- Strong people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others’ time.
- Intense passion for helping people and teams achieve their goals.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Community / Marketing Title: Producer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-05-06 17:29:26.647
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。