Senior Financial Analyst
Multiple Locations: Toronto, ON, Canada • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 173409
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst – Mobile FP&A
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
#WeAreEA the world’s leading video game publisher and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand and evolve our strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA’s performance.
This Senior Financial Analyst role is a unique opportunity to be a collaborative partner & trusted advisor to the game teams responsible for EA Mobile’s Lifestyle and Casual studios. These studios develop high priority and celebrated franchises for EA Mobile, including Plants vs Zombies (PvZ), Kim Kardashian Hollywood and Design Home and require an experienced partner to help drive these businesses forward. This role will involve oversight of a vertical P&L, assist with month end close and provide Opex management across games and studios. Knowledge of the gaming industry, especially free to play business models, advertising and user acquisition are a significant advantage.
What You’ll Do:
- Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work toward delivering studio goals
- Provide insightful financial analysis focused on a variety of areas such as game performance, maximizing profitability or resource allocation
- Prepare, hold, and present business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material
- Support strategic decision making by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics – including for titles in development
Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
- Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, process and reporting
- Work closely with studio business partners on developing R&D forecasts. Proactively anticipate and manage risks and opportunities to maintain financial goals.
- Drive insightful analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk and improve performance
- Report and analyze the performance of live games on a weekly and monthly basis
Drive FP&A Excellence
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, standardize and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes
- Work closely with functional heads to set up and maintain quarterly/monthly/annual financial forecast and report out performance against financial goals
- Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions
Who You Are:
- Highly motivated, passionate self-starter. A strong bias for action and driving results.
- Consistently curious to understand the business and make recommendations based on insights from historical and current trends, market conditions and game KPIs
- Ability to work with ambiguity and independence
- Ability to recommend, manage and drive projects to successful completion
- Strong business acumen with understanding of functional linkages and ability to build strong professional relationships with business partners in both operational and financial roles
- General interest in gaming, mobile entertainment and/or digital businesses
- Experience working with BI tools and large data sets. Passion for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment
- Experience with performance management, scorecards, and dashboarding
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years of related financial experience
- Experience with P&L management, budgeting, reporting and analysis; revenue forecasting a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Strong Excel skills, proficiency in PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Experience with financial forecasting and reporting tools; ideally Anaplan, Power BI and Oracle
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-05-05 01:33:02.683
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.