Senior Analyst, Product Management - Around Game (Apex Mobile)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 173393
Position Title: Sr Game PM I
Drop into the excitement anytime, anywhere with the new battle royale Apex Legends Mobile™. Adapted from the award-winning Apex Legends™, the mobile experience has all the genre-defining action, best-in-class gunplay, and immersive universe that made the original a hit. Push the boundaries of competition with a diverse cast of Legends who bring unique skills and playstyles to the ever-evolving battlefield. If you’re passionate about bringing AAA-quality gaming to mobile devices around the globe, join our team as we build the ultimate battle royale experience with Apex Legends Mobile™.
As Sr. Product Manager Analyst - Around Game, you will partner with a team of designers and product managers to drive insights on features in the Around Game pod. Your focus will be on features and systems in Apex Legends Mobile that involve monetization, progression, social relationships, and competition.
Working closely with the pod leads and feature owners, you will create hypotheses, chart analysis plans, present findings, and build a framework of understanding that will inform decision making on these player impacting systems.
The ideal candidate has a strong background partnering with game teams to deliver insights and is passionate about finding answers through data.
- Explore large data-sets to find answers or identify risks and opportunities
- Apply analytical methodology, including experiments, statistics, and machine learning, to answer business questions
- Find creative and original ways to get around data availability, consistency, or comprehensiveness issues to arrive at proxy solutions addressing the needs of the organization.
- Connect with partners and stakeholders to understand and articulate their requirements into an analytically framed list of requirements to ensure it supports their needs.
- Take a structured and methodical approach analyses, working from a thought-out analysis plan with predefined milestones and checkpoints.
- Package and present the results of analyses to partners and stakeholders as needed, adjusting the output as needed for the target audience.
- Use foundational learnings and insights to build data products that inform decision makers at critical junctures.
- Evangelize results and learnings across the organization, promoting team output to partners and stakeholders.
- Create, maintain, and automate various data extraction, transformation, and loading processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years experience driving analysis and supporting product and design teams
- Experience with prioritization, managing an analysis backlog, and managing stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and acumen
- Experience working on free-to-play mobile games
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment, with QA, design, engineering, production, and other teams
- Curious and creative, you enjoy working on complex problems, exploring data, and extracting the signal from the noise.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to operationalize abstract questions into a quantitative investigation and tackle them in a data-driven manner.
- Strong communication skills - regular project updates, communication with and across teams, and analytical “storytelling” - distilling quantitative insights into easy to digest and intuitive presentation form.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, and with other teams spread globally.
- You have the enthusiasm and motivation to challenge thinking and promote meaningful change.
Background And Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) field or economics; Advanced degrees an advantage. Will also consider candidates with advanced degrees in social sciences – psychology, sociology, economics, etc. (given an appropriate statistical skillset).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant hands-on analytical experience, advantage for experience in gaming or other entertainment industries. Advantage for previous marketing analytics experience.
- Knowledge-of and practical experience with statistics, probability, and hypothesis testing.
- Knowledge of experimental design and execution a plus.
- Strong SQL skills for data extraction and manipulation.
- Expertise with R (preferred) or Python for data analysis and data visualization.
- Advanced statistics and computational skills a plus - e.g., modeling, machine learning, programming.
- Strong visualization, dashboarding (Looker), and BI skills an advantage.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Analyst, Product Management - Around Game (Apex Mobile)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-05-05 22:42:45.443
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。