Level Design Director - Star Wars: The Old Republic
Multiple Locations: Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Edmonton, AB, Canada
Requisition Number: 173338
Position Title: Associate Game Design Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
We are looking for a Level Design Director. You will drive the game's overall level and quest vision, being a unifying point for game content and player experience. The Level Design Director will use their creative, technical, and RPG expertise to guide the larger picture, ensuring every mission, location, set piece, hub, layout, and player choice combine into an exciting, player-directed journey.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will oversee an experienced level design team, guiding the group as they prototype, implement, polish, and debug their spaces.
What the Level Design Director will do at BioWare:
- Work with design leadership to develop the narrative, gameplay and experiential vision.
- Meet with the team to brainstorm ideas, set quality benchmarks, and identify technology gaps.
- Work with partners to outline the gameplay experience (landmarks, encounters, flow rhythm, tension, pacing, variety, exploration).
- Participate in prototyping, experimenting with design features to identify opportunities and determine best practices.
- Guide and inspire the team to create unique spaces. Spaces where gameplay flow, visual composition, and narrative context form iconic, memorable experiences.
- Meet with the team to mentor and motivate the design vision.
- Work with production to identify asset dependencies, scope, and delivery schedules.
- Review content and provide feedback.
- Work with artists and the Art Director to balance technical, aesthetic, gameplay and narrative constraints.
- Using external player feedback, iterate and find solutions to identified friction points.
- 8+ years of level design experience with lead level design experience on at least one AAA title.
- Experience developing Single Player and Multiplayer level design vision.
- Drive experiential and narrative flow through a gameplay area, creating evocative spaces and iconic moments.
- Experience with nonlinear, self directed level design.
- Experience with spatial design and scripting logic.
- Guide and mentor level designers at all levels of experience.
- Experience working with Creative and Technical leads to identify pipeline and design requirements.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Community / Marketing Title: Level Design Director - Star Wars: The Old Republic
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 85
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。