Animator (Contract) - Maxis
Multiple Locations: California, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 173312
Position Title: Contingent
Animator (Contract) - Maxis
Flexible Work Model: On Site | Hybrid | Remote
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don’t settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
As an Animator, your primary role will be to create and iterate on animation content to support both visual targets and prototyping in a pre-production environment. You will be creating and modifying human character animations that express a wide range of emotions and personality. You have skills in both traditional keyframe and motion capture animation workflows. Your secondary role will be to test new animation tools and provide rig feedback. You have knowledge in Maya, Unreal, and motion capture workflows. You will receive direction and feedback directly from Senior Animators and the Animation Director.
You will report to one of our studio Development Directors.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a remote environment.
- Create expressive keyframe character animation that portrays multiple emotions in a variety of aesthetic acting styles.
- Use both Maya and in-house experimental tools to implement animated characters and objects.
- Excel in a pre-production environment that involves multi-tasking, innovating, and adaptability.
- Iterate on animation content in multiple states for supporting prototypes.
- Provide feedback on tools, rigs, and workflows' impact on animation content.
- Make sure all work is clean and organized with regards to assets within each file and file structure and storage.
- Work within animation guidelines set by Team Leads and Animation Director.
- Collaborate with peers and supervisors on innovative approaches to tackle assignments.
- 3+ years of professional character animation experience using Maya, Max, or equivalent.
- Have an expert and demonstrable understanding of the traditional "Principles of Animation" and human anatomy in motion.
- Experience in hand-keyed stylization of biped motion.
- Independently find and communicate creative solutions to problems.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Solid organization and efficient time management skills.
- Ability to take direction and seek clarification from Supervising Animators and Animation Director.
- Secondary experiences as a Technical Animator
- Experience with Mocap animation workflows/cleanup
- Animation Experience in the latest version of Unreal Engine
Community / Marketing Title: Animator (Contract) - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2022-04-29 04:50:45.27
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.