Senior Build and Release Engineer (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: North Carolina, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 173175
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We’re looking for a highly skilled Senior Build & Release Engineer who will embrace our culture and share their hard earned expertise to make and deliver builds to internal and external parties, and ensure that releases go smoothly.
We’re picturing someone who is experienced in game development, passionate about the build process, has a strong working knowledge of build pipelines, and is eager to help our teams hit their development goals. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do…
- Assist with development and orchestration of deployment workflows as well as performing deployments.
- Develop and improve the technical build pipeline in C# and Groovy that automates and drives the build system and other related tooling
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements.
- Collaborate across domain teams and QA on releases/updates and patches
- Help support our integration process, emergent work and deployments
- Help establish and mentor the Build & Release team on the industry best practices in DevOps and CI through good coding practices and participating in code reviews
Ideally, you will have…
- 3+ years of build engineering, working with consoles and first parties in a AAA games studio
- Previous experience working with GAAS or regular title updates
- Programming experience in C#/Java/OOP
- Scripting and automation skills in one or more of Groovy, Python, bash, or similar.
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity or equivalent.
- Experience with Perforce or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Other qualities we look for…
- Experience with Ansible and VMWare/AWS
- Experience with the ELK stack, telegraf/zabbix and Grafana
- Experience with JIRA or equivalent.
- Must be self-driven and a team player with a solid work ethic.
- Passion for games.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with next gen game consoles
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Build and Release Engineer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 140
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。