Experience Designer (Technical) Intern - Madden
Multiple Locations: Madrid, Spain • Spain
Requisition Number: 173165
Position Title: Intern General
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, College Football, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Madden is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build out our core development team – whether that be in our career mode, presentation and cameras, user interface, backend systems, or many others.
- The Technical Experience Designer bridges the gap between artists and software engineers.
- Work with the UI team (Artist, Engineers, Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to create an outstanding user experience, from concept to implementation.
- Create and implement UI screens, widgets, script animations and effects for game front-end and HUD.
- Recreation of authentic broadcast overlays and in game overlays to match styles: Create state-of-the-art in-game content, with a goal of organization, reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product (easily updatable)
- Break-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game's vision
- High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation
- Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- You will report into the Development Director of the team you'll be part of.
- Experience prototyping, developing and maintaining UI features from concept to release.
- Experience with scripting languages (C#, Actionscript…), visual scripting or other Object Oriented programming languages.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop and other applications from Adobe suite (After Effects, Adobe XD)
- Strong technical skills, and ability to quickly learn new proprietary production tools and workflow
- Strong attention to detail in the visual aspect of the UI and in the code
- Excellent problem solving skills: a successful candidate must be able to quickly identify and debug issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both engineering and art, articulating both the needs of the art team and the constraints of tech.
- Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory.
- Understanding of revision version control software.
- Visual, UX or Motion Design Experience.
- Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject highly desired (BSc Computer Science or Game Programming, Game Art and Design Diploma or related).
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Designer (Technical) Intern - Madden
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-04-25 22:30:17.447
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.