Online C++ Software Engineer Intern
Multiple Locations: Madrid, Spain • Spain
Requisition Number: 173160
Position Title: Intern General
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, College Football, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build out our core development team – whether that be in our career mode, presentation and cameras, user interface, backend systems, or many others.
As a C++ Software Engineer you will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
We are a creative group, so we value collaboration with creative and design. And we highly value the creative problem solving that is often a staple of our industry.
You will report to the Development Manager of the team you will be contributing to.
- Develop technical solutions for online game features and collaborates with design to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
- Delivers tested, stable, scalable, efficient and shareable technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- Awareness of how implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Experience in C++ software development.
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Works well with high-level technical guidance and quickly adapts to changing code bases and problems.
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- Flexibility and ability to quickly ramp up on existing code bases.
- Passion for the craft of programming and demonstrable development experience.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Experience of real-time game networking.
- Experience working with mobile applications
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with perforce or any other source control.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua, SQL)
- Familiarity with the game development industry and console development.
- Experience using project tools (e.g. JIRA) and an SCM system (e.g. Perforce, GitHub).
Community / Marketing Title: Online C++ Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-04-25 22:30:48.91
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。