Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Locații multiple: Seattle, WA, USA • Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 173038
Position Title: Sr Site Reliability Engineer I
We make games - that's awesome. In fact, our software entertains millions of people around the world with the most fantastic and immersive interactive experiences ever made, and we strive to exceed ourselves with every new title.
Amazing games are made by amazing people. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry. Together, we enable our players to be heroes, whether by saving the planet from alien invaders, slaying dragons or scoring the winning touchdown. Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will report to the SRE - Lead.
The Challenge Ahead:
- Cloud innovations change the gaming industry landscape every day, adding new capabilities, enabling new scenarios, and redefining the category.
- Within EA, the Game Server Hosting organization builds the critical, cloud-native game server infrastructure and studio-facing tooling that underpins EA's current generation of multiplayer games and fuels innovation of the next wave.
- We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to support the GSH team by writing tools to make it easier for EA's game teams to onboard with and use our services.
- You will create monitoring, alerting and dashboarding solutions that improve visibility into EA's application performance and business metrics.
- You will help design and develop robust, supportable tools to automate the deployment and management of distributed, large-scale production systems on cloud services.
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention.
- You will use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce mean time to detection and resolution (MTTD & MTTR) and repair services.
- You will produce documentation and support tooling for online support teams.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring infrastructure and application availability to ensure SLI and SLO.
- 3+ years of experience with managing cloud-based service infrastructure and software using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Strong understanding of *nix operating systems.
- Network experience, including an understanding of standard protocols/components.
- Familiarity with common infrastructure and software deployment automation tools such as Terraform, Helm and ArgoCD.
- Experience writing code in Golang, Python, or Java and scripting with Bash.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $130,600 - $210,000
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2022-04-20 22:38:48.9
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.