Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Multiple Locations: Seattle, WA, USA • Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 173038
Position Title: Sr Site Reliability Engineer I
We make games - that's awesome. In fact, our software entertains millions of people around the world with the most fantastic and immersive interactive experiences ever made, and we strive to exceed ourselves with every new title.
Amazing games are made by amazing people. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry. Together, we enable our players to be heroes, whether by saving the planet from alien invaders, slaying dragons or scoring the winning touchdown. Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will report to the SRE - Lead.
The Challenge Ahead:
- Cloud innovations change the gaming industry landscape every day, adding new capabilities, enabling new scenarios, and redefining the category.
- Within EA, the Game Server Hosting organization builds the critical, cloud-native game server infrastructure and studio-facing tooling that underpins EA's current generation of multiplayer games and fuels innovation of the next wave.
- We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to support the GSH team by writing tools to make it easier for EA's game teams to onboard with and use our services.
- You will create monitoring, alerting and dashboarding solutions that improve visibility into EA's application performance and business metrics.
- You will help design and develop robust, supportable tools to automate the deployment and management of distributed, large-scale production systems on cloud services.
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention.
- You will use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce mean time to detection and resolution (MTTD & MTTR) and repair services.
- You will produce documentation and support tooling for online support teams.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring infrastructure and application availability to ensure SLI and SLO.
- 3+ years of experience with managing cloud-based service infrastructure and software using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Strong understanding of *nix operating systems.
- Network experience, including an understanding of standard protocols/components.
- Familiarity with common infrastructure and software deployment automation tools such as Terraform, Helm and ArgoCD.
- Experience writing code in Golang, Python, or Java and scripting with Bash.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $130,600 - $210,000
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 218
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.