Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 172914
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Data Engineer - EADP Central Engineering
We Are EA
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, Apex Legends, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console —to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organisation is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry’s best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
EA Hyderabad is seeking a Data Engineer with a love for data. You will be responsible for planning, building and deploying Enterprise Integration and Business Intelligence solutions for EA. The Data Engineer will be a subject matter expert in building data integration solutions using modern ETL technologies. You will be leveraging cutting edge tools & technologies to store, analyse petabytes of data and solve complex business problems. You will collaborate with product, business and engineering teams to build & deliver the most optimal solution.
- Analyse and Organise raw data
- Build data systems & pipelines by combining data from various sources
- Analyse data issues and find innovative solutions to improve data quality and reliability
- Work with the product, business and engineering teams to Identify new opportunities for data acquisition
- Build analytical tools and programs to empower the business teams make decisions based on data
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects across teams serve their data needs
- Evangelise and Influence to make data a first class citizen with every person/team/group you get in touch with
Must Have Skills
- 2+ years of experience in design, development and management of data systems such as data warehouse, data lakes and distributed storage systems using latest technologies
- Prior experience and knowledge in scaling data systems to handle exponential data loads and multiple petabytes of content
- Excellent command over querying and analysing data using various query languages native to the storage system (e.g., SQL CQL, MQL, Hive, etc.)
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL database concepts & applications, data modelling techniques (3NF, Dimensional)
- Proven experience in tuning databases and queries for optimal performance
- Experience in programming languages used in data systems - Python or R or Java
- Experience in ingesting data from various sources in formats such as JSON, XML, CSV, etc.
- Experience in data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience working in a distributed computing environment such AWS, Hosted Data Infrastructure and Platforms
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment using agile methodologies. Prior experience in using tools such as Gitlab, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Bachelor Degree required – CS or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a distributed computing environment
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively and influence others
- Building Statistical models and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Real-time data acquisition & processing frameworks (e.g., Apache Storm, Apache NiFi, Apache Spark)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realise it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-04-13 14:38:00.513
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。