Game Client Software Engineer - C++
Multiple Locations: San Francisco, CA, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Georgia, USA • Illinois, USA • North Carolina, USA • Utah, USA
Requisition Number: 172809
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, and storytellers. Our mission is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
You will report to a Development Manager. As a Client Software Engineer on The Sims, you will work on our client systems within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in C++.
- Use C++ to implement client features and systems.
- Extend existing client systems and create new ones.
- Work with designers, producers, content creators and other engineers to develop game features.
- Write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
- Write code with performance and memory usage in mind.
- Debug code to document and fix bugs.
- You can cater your messaging based on audience and with diverse teams.
Qualifications: Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- Bachelor'/Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in a hands-on development role.
- Working knowledge of modern C++.
- Experience implementing complex game subsystems.
- Experience with graphics libraries (DirectX/OpenGL/Metal) suggested.
- An understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
- Desktop development experience.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Experience optimizing existing game code to be more performant.
- Mac development experience.
- Console development experience.
- Knowledge of Python, C#, or familiarity with WPF.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience developing for large-scale live products.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
- Familiarity with The Sims games on PC/Mac/consoles
Community / Marketing Title: Game Client Software Engineer - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 218
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。