Gameplay Designer (Creatures) - Dragon Age
Multiple Locations: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 172808
Position Title: Game Designer I
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Design, own, and champion creature creation in an iterative environment for an action RPG.
- Plan out fun and intentional player experiences at both macro and micro levels.
- Use proprietary toolset to design and implement logic for creatures.
- Guide a small versatile team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Evaluate and implement design feedback from all relevant sources.
- Create and maintain design documentation.
- Help set and prioritize goals for the boss team.
- Provide mentorship to other designers and team members.
- Foster a positive team culture by building consensus and using collaborative approaches to conflict resolution.
- At least 1 major game or 2 years of experience as a creature AI or Boss designer.
- Experience with action and RPG gameplay mechanics
- A creative mind - be able to come up with interesting and original ideas.
- Familiar with visual scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint or FrostEd Schematics
- Familiarity with creature mechanics design across different genres
- A working knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
- Willingness to be open and flexible when collaborating with others to achieve a design
- Composition and narrative skills. Be able to communicate fun and compelling enemy designs from a player's perspective.
- Critical thinking skills.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Designer (Creatures) - Dragon Age
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-04-13 22:41:53.72
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。