Associate Quality Designer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 172775
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Here at EA, we work collaboratively as DTS (Development Technology and Services) to create the best possible player experience. Sharing knowledge and best practice to shape the way games are created, improve how they are perceived and of course, enhance how they are played.
We have an opening within our ever-growing team here at Slightly Mad Studios (SMS).
Founded in 2009 – we are the award-winning team behind the Project CARS franchise, and era-defining games such as the GTR® series, Need For Speed® Shift™, Shift 2 Unleashed®, plus Red Bull Air Race – The Game, and many other top-tier games over our storied history.
We build games not as just as a studio, but as a collaboration between friends and family. We aim to create unforgettable experiences putting players in the driving seat of the best racing games in the world.
The opportunity is to drive quality in every step from art to render – ensuring that the Rendering team bring the best out of the Art created for the game.
Working exclusively with the respective development and creative teams and reporting to the Development Manager, you will test and drive quality in our art and pipelines. Ensuring that the team has the best process, communication, tooling and feedback in the industry, and the quality of the art is maintained from pixel creation to pixels on screen.
- You will be the leader for Quality Verification (QV) on the Render team, working with Production for Core Tech in SMS to ensure best in class for the visual output of the game.
- You will represent the Artists in testing the art and pipelines to guarantee a stable and optimised workflow experience in the tooling including data editors, exporters, and viewers.
- You will identify areas where testing processes, data validation, communication, reporting and feedback can be improved to provide pipelines.
- You will represent the Render development team to the Artists, supporting the use of the pipelines, providing support and user guidance for the pipelines and tools. You will ensure the user requirements, bugs and feature requests are prioritised and communicated.
- You will help identify and document the cause of Art and Render bugs reported by the wider SMS development team and Artists through testing.
- Document reproduction steps, gathering test data and outputs, rebuild and test code and data fixes and produce supporting debug output to assist the whole game development.
- You will verify fixes and manage bug reports to track game quality.
- You will evaluate and maintain the backlog of support requests from the wider SMS dev teams.
- You will be the workflow champion in assisting the triage and prioritisation of bugs with Production, understanding where to direct effort for most gain on servicing bugs and feature requests.
- You will document workflows, write user guides, retrospectives, and support documentation plus presentations of game status for weekly reporting, future reference and for the team and new starters to refer to.
- You will monitor the game builds, and chase people for fixes when we have issues which prevent the game from meeting quality goals.
- Understanding of source control tools (Perforce).
- Working knowledge of Test & Issue Management systems (e.g., JIRA, BugSplat).
- Experience with modern office suites including Spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and Presentation software.
- Experience working in a similar role within the testing or software industry.
- A passion for learning.
- An enthusiasm for games and racing is a bonus.
- Passion or interest in modern computer graphics is a bonus.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content, and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-04-06 16:37:17.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.