Software Engineer - C++
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 172725
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and the latest tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We're honored to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry's best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
- You will report to the team's Engineering Manager as a member of our global development team
- You will build the tools, features, and pipelines necessary for game developers to build UI content, including: - Create layouts that work on multiple platforms and aspect ratios; - Animate UI content in response to game state or user actions; - Manage and process user input across a variety of input devices; - Bind and display game data within the UI.
- Identify, debug, and resolve issues in familiar and unfamiliar code
- You will gather requirements from game team developers and write detailed, technical design specifications
- You will create sample content, clear documentation, and training materials for game team UI developers
- You will provide support to game team UI developers by addressing any bugs or issues and coordinating cooperative development of essential features
- You have 3 or more years of recent experience in C++ and maybe even dabbled in C# or WPF
- You are excited by the opportunity to work on core UI features and tooling
- You have experience developing AAA titles for the Xbox One, PS4, Switch, or mobile platforms or you have experience with game engine development
- You have experience driving features from gathering requirements, through development, to providing support
- You are experienced working with Agile/scrum processes
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-04-05 08:57:11.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.