Senior Environment Artist (Star Wars FPS Team)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 172671
Position Title: Senior Artist
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Environment Artist to join our Star Wars FPS team. Our ideal candidate has experience as a member of a AAA game team from concept to ship, as well as a rich portfolio which showcases their ability to create high quality, highly detailed in-game environments and props. We’re picturing someone with strong world-building sensibilities who can embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you’ll do...
- Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of high quality, believable 3D environments and assets.
- Create highly detailed and realistic textures/materials.
- Work closely with designers and art leads to ensure that environments and assets match quality bar and vision for the game.
- Ensure that art assets are performant, and fit within their memory budgets. Fix bugs as needed.
- Conduct research for reference material, participate in photo shoots and help build texture library.
- Follow schedule and deliver assets on time.
- Help perpetuate a feedback culture. Provide and welcome artistic feedback from leads and teammates, regardless of experience.
Ideally, you will have...
- 5+ years professional experience as an Environment Artist for games
- Experience working on AAA game/s through the full development cycle (from concept to ship) as an embedded member of a studio development team strongly preferred.
- Portfolio of highly detailed Environment Art with a focus on environments and variety of subject matter (buildings, props, natural landscapes, etc.). Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and Zbrush.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
- Experience working within a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Strong understanding of game engine tools and pipelines such as UE4, UE5, Unity, and other proprietary tools.
- Ability to polish gameplay moments and environments to a AAA quality.
- Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed!
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Environment Artist (Star Wars FPS Team)
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無、および法律で保護されたその他のあらゆる状況は考慮されません。 また、犯罪歴のある人物の雇用も、募集要項を満たす応募者の場合は適用法令に従って検討します。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Date Opened: 2022-04-01 00:07:36.75
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。