Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 172667
Position Title: DD I
The EA Mobile Wildcard Sports team is founded on inclusivity, passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to bring immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices to millions of gamers around the world. With teams located in Canada and the United States and Bucharest, the Sports Mobile team is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
Our mobile team is looking for a Development Director (DD) to join their team of accomplished people! This role will report to the Franchise Development Director, who oversees the DD group. The DD oversees the project schedule, hiring, and managing multiple sub-teams to accomplish the project's goals. You will be responsible for the delivery of games features and live content on time, within budget, and to the desired quality.
If you are motivated, excited to use new technologies, and have a passion for the sport, join us and guide the innovation and excellence that establishes a rewarding mobile experience. You will have the option of working in-office, remotely, or a hybrid of the two.
- Oversee project development process and help support the development team from one project phase to the next
- Ensure collaboration, communication, knowledge sharing, learning, reconciling conflicting goals, sharing resources amongst your team
- Partner with the project leadership team to establish the strategy to meet milestones and important deliverables
- Establish and assign work from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project or sub-project level
- Organize planning, scrum, and sprint retrospective activities with their team in an Agile development framework
- Assessment and mitigation of risks for areas of ownership
- Collaborate with central business leaders and partner project teams to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to expected quality levels, and within budget
- Regular communication with the project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
- Possess passion, energy, enthusiasm and action to drive results
- 5+ years of Project Management experience using different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- 2+ years of team leadership or management experience
- Proven track record of successful delivery of critical projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills
- Solid change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments
- Confluence & Jira experience preferred
- Experience with Confluence & Jira
- Prior work experience in gaming or software development industries
- People Management experience
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-03-31 17:35:42.24
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.