Gameplay Software Engineer - FIFA
位置: Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 172588
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing needed custom code
- Prototype new mechanics to prove designs and improve mechanics
- Design and document technical designs for Gameplay systems
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience years experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Knowledge of A.I. architecture, character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other Gameplay-related systems
- Knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multi-threaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to improve
Nice To Have Skills:
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Familiar in working on a mobile platform (iOS, Android)
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
- Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
- Familiar with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio
We thought you might also want to know:
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 134
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。