Gameplay Software Engineer - FIFA
Lage: Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 172588
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing needed custom code
- Prototype new mechanics to prove designs and improve mechanics
- Design and document technical designs for Gameplay systems
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience years experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Knowledge of A.I. architecture, character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other Gameplay-related systems
- Knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multi-threaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to improve
Nice To Have Skills:
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Familiar in working on a mobile platform (iOS, Android)
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
- Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
- Familiar with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio
We thought you might also want to know:
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-03-29 17:25:00.253
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.