Location: Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 172542
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront II.
The Frostbite Engine group in EA is looking for a Procedural Software Engineer for the Frostbite team.
What you will do as a Frostbite Procedural Software Engineer:
The mission of the Procedural team is to develop state-of-the-art procedural technologies into Frostbite to help game teams around the world build bigger and richer games.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the procedural team engineer works from low-level mesh processing / content database up to high-level World Editor UI and DCC workflows code.
You will build high-quality code, review code & designs written by other software engineers, and work with game teams to help them improve existing and develop new technologies.
We're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- High level of proficiency with C++, and good understanding of C#
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing maintainable, structured and documented code
- Experience with object-oriented design patterns and test-driven development
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent debugging skills
- Knowledge of asset data pipelines, procedural asset generation
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
- Experience with Python for scripting or tool development
- Experience with Houdini, Maya SDKs or other DCC tools
- Experience with geometry/mesh formats and processing
- Understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling and optimization
What's in it for you?
- Work in an friendly environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
- Learn a massive amount of skills and professional software development practices
- Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
- Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
- Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
- Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations to work with game and engine teams
- Comprehensive health and benefit packages
- Of course, free video games
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-03-28 17:12:51.92
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.