Gameplay Software Engineer (III) - The Sims!
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Orlando, FL, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Arizona, USA • Georgia, USA • Illinois, USA • North Carolina, USA • Nevada, USA • Oregon, USA • Utah, USA • California, USA • Colorado, USA
Requisition Number: 172478
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, and storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
You will report to a Development Director. As a Software Engineer on The Sims, your job will be to build user-facing content for the Sims using Python and C++.
- Implement gameplay systems written in Python and C++ that are data-driven.
- Sim behaviors: interaction with the world, other Sims, and objects (how would a Flirty Sim behave differently on a pool club versus a bar).
- Build creative real life archetypes within a simulation game (e.g. romance, careers, postures).
- Runtime optimization for performance and memory usage (scaling a simulation engine to include all aspects of human life).
- Work with the team on continuous improvement of the data-driven framework that brings designs to life.
- Write software requirements and technical design documentation.
- Work with franchise leaders to continue building unique content for a game that supports a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
- Excellent game systems programming skills. Demonstrate technical abilities with projects implemented in C++, Python, C#, or Java.
- 5 or more year experience in a hands-on development role.
- Experience working in Python encouraged.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Experience writing real-time simulation game code.
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Demonstrate past experiences of shipping one or more game titles for some platform (PC, Mac, Console, Mobile)
- Experience developing for live products at large-scale.
- Previous engineering leadership experience over a title or major system.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer (III) - The Sims!
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2022-03-22 23:27:09.27
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。