Finance Director, EA Marketing
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 172221
Position Title: Director, Finance
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to EA’s Leadership team. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to guide EA’s performance.
This Director will play a leadership role within the Marketing and Total Experience FP&A team, driving planning, reporting and rhythm of the business overseeing an investment portfolio of $1B. You will partner with the Senior Director of Experience FP&A, Business leaders managing the activation of our portfolio campaigns, and a team of FP&A leaders to drive all financial elements associated with the delivery of the Marketing activation strategy. In addition, this role will be deeply involved with Marketing integration and diligence. It will require a candidate capable of navigating and influencing across a multi-dimensional org and confident engaging with senior executives.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of FP&A, EA Experience.
- Provide financial guidance and strategic partnership to Marketing Activation executive leadership.
- Establish and maintain meaningful performance metrics and management reporting to drive accountability and financial transparency.
- Support decision making and manage budget allocation process for portfolio marketing investments, in partnership with Marketing leadership.
- Partner with the Business Operations team to refine the resource management investments along with channel allocation and franchise support, translate it into actions, and measure financial progress against goals.
- Proactively anticipate, manage, and report risks and opportunities across the Marketing investment portfolio with specific focus on Media and Creative investments to maintain financial goals.
- Strong People Leadership skills to lead and develop a high performing well integrated team.
Major Functions & Related Activities
- Align with P&L owners on specific funding proposals
- Partner with leadership to set and manage budgets across all projects and titles
- Provide decision support to leadership on investment and project decisions
- Provide regular financial visibility with regards to Outlook, Risk and Opportunities
- Anticipate risks and partner with the leadership to identify trade-offs to de-risk and maintain financial goals
- Balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
- Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable systems to support business growth
- Lead strategic projects and support senior leadership on ad hoc projects
Experience / Capabilities:
- 10+ years in mid-to-senior level finance roles.
- Experience evaluating performance metrics and implementing action plans
- A strong bias for action and driving results. Healthy impatience for change. Willingness to ask the tough questions, challenge the status quo, and ensure stakeholder buy-in on complex decision points.
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure & anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Ability to resolve complex business issues, ability to move beyond reporting to synthesis and insight
- Effective communicator to executive audiences in person, written, and through clear presentations.
- Preference for experience in game development, mobile entertainment, or digital businesses.
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with your partners and FP&A team
- Create a center of excellence and implement best practices, processes, and standards across the EA Experience Team
- Work closely with our FP&A partners across Commercial, Studios and Corporate functions.
- Manage a team of up to eleven individuals located globally
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance / Economics / Accounting related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with P&L management, financial modeling, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- Experience evaluating business performance metrics and translating to actionable recommendations.
- Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge.
- Knowledge in Anaplan, Power BI, and Oracle.
- People management & developing a strong team.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Director, EA Marketing
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-03-11 20:49:02.317
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。