Software Engineer - Automation and Configuration
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 172179
Position Title: Software Engineer II
About the Automation and Configuration Management Team
As part of the FIFA group , the team is responsible for the automation and configuration management for the Server side that utilizes Java and MySQL. EA is looking for a developer who is passionate about solving challenging emergent issues in the development process by creating automation and exploring new technologies and tools. People come to us with complex and loosely-defined problems and ask us to turn them into solutions. We’re often collaborating on problems outside our knowledge area, which requires us to learn new technologies and skills quickly and thrive in ambiguity. Good communication skills are important as interaction with the development teams is key to secure a high-quality service.
We’re a small team with a great deal of responsibility, which means you’ll learn new technologies and join us as being domain experts in new areas. We are superusers of Perforce, Maven and Jenkins and we are the domain experts of our build scripts and release process. You will join a dynamic team that quickly shifts focus as new requirements arise.
Necessary Skills (Must Have)
- Knowledge of Java and MySQL.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Groovy, Python, Perl, Ant, etc.)
- Conceptual knowledge of automated build systems such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Build Forge or equivalent
- At least one year of programming experience.
- Proven knowledge with Change Management, Version Control, Dependency Management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
- Good understanding of software development processes and best practices
- Ability to break down complicated problems into manageable components and work well in time-critical situations
- Quick learner, willing to be trained and gain new skills
- Develop, optimize and maintain our build automation systems and scripts
- Manage our SCM system, providing support and advising other teams.
- Incorporate and implement new technologies and methodologies into our pipeline
- Provide configuration management expertise to the FIFA Server Development team
- Documentation and training
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Gradle
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience with ANT/NAnt
- Programming Experience
- Knowledge of C++, C#
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Automation and Configuration
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-03-09 02:02:30.3
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.