Infrastructure Software Engineer - Madden
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 171986
Position Title: Software Engineer I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our core systems and shared engine into the future. Our Infrastructure Engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building core systems (often leveraging other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work more efficiently and bring substantial improvements to our game.
- You will work with a small team to design and develop appropriate test modules and improve the stability of the live product.
- Debug and diagnose runtime issues across a variety of domains.
- You will increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You will review technical implementations for impacts on stability, performance, disk, and memory budgets.
- Directly support and help engineer environments through all stages of development.
- Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Perform cause analyses and ensure improvements are identified and prioritized.
- Maintain documentation of systems, configurations and procedures.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team’s efficiency and capabilities.
- Adding and improving technical and business metrics and using them to make decisions.
- Document your insights and best practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience.
- Shipped a AAA game title or provided post-launch support to a launched consumer-facing product.
- Understanding of C++ language.
- Communicate well with technical partners outside of your immediate environment/specialization.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
- Experience leading small teams of Software Engineers is a major plus.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- Automated load testing experience (either developing tools or using existing systems).
Community / Marketing Title: Infrastructure Software Engineer - Madden
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 92
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.