Assistant Animator - Madden
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 171916
Position Title: Contingent
EA Sports is looking for skilled animators to work with the Narrative team on Madden Football. In this role you will work with a talented team to create interesting story and character moments all around the sport to make the players feel like they are in the game. The ideal candidate is passionate about football, animation, and video games.
- Work directly with the Senior Animators and Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game. Plan, animate, implement, and support that data throughout production.
- Build scenes of varying moods and sizes. From two character conversations to team wide celebrations. Use animation like a puzzle piece to find the perfect fit for a scene.
- Create dynamic camera moves and compositions to show off your scenes.
- Coordinate with external and in house teams to create excellent animation from body and facial performance capture data. Deliver content that meets technical requirements.
- Work in the game engine. Adding new and maintaining older data, creating or editing state machines, adjusting transition blends, and providing support for existing systems.
- Follow best practices, take direction, and quickly learn new skills, processes and pipelines. Collaborate effectively with other disciplines, including production, design, and engineering.
- Professional experience in the game industry.
- Technical skills and experience working with modern game engines, including animation implementation, state machines and debugging.
- Strong knowledge of Motion Builder and Maya. Experience with animating realistic motion.
- A working knowledge of cinematography, editing and camera principals.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, and organized. A problem solver who’s able to iterate based on feedback.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Animator - Madden
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 3
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.