Integration Artist - Temporary (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 171904
Position Title: Artist
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise. We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order and virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and we are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an Integration Artist with exceptional communication skills and an enthusiasm for game art. You will work closely with our department art directors, leads, and artists within Respawn's External Development Department to develop and employ efficient working practices ensuring that all Apex art content meets the high quality bar Respawn is known for. Additionally, you will continually look for the most efficient ways to empower the internal artist on our team, and our external partners, to deliver large volumes of content within our tight production schedule constraints.
What you will do...
- Conduct internal QA on the asset source files from the external partners. Ensure assets are implemented with correct file structures, hierarchy, naming and meet all other the tech requirements.
- Ensure 2D and 3D assets are properly imported into the project engine and working as expected.
- Diagnose the integration issues and correct the integration mistakes made by external partners.
- Understand existing art style and apply model and texture revisions on work from external partners to match set style.
- Help internal art team organize the assets in both the repository and in engine.
- Potentially work with the department leads/artists in reviewing work from external partners.
- Optimize asset integration workflow with department leads and art team.
Ideally, you will have...
- +1.5 years of experience in video game development.
- Exceptional ability in integrating assets in game engine.
- Extensive experience in running 3D asset QA.
- Extensive working experience in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop.
- Experience in integrating all kinds of 3D assets including characters and environment props.
- Strong ability to execute asset integration.
- Strong understanding of PBR texture pipeline and vertex color.
- Comfortable with handling a large volume of assets.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understand the Art Style of a game and be able to implement that style on existing assets.
- Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Community / Marketing Title: Integration Artist - Temporary (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2022-02-24 18:24:17.283
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。