Art Director (New Game Incubation Team)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 171877
Position Title: Art Director
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle.
We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
We’re a lean incubation team looking for an Art Director to join us in the early phases of creating a new IP.
Why Join Us:
- This is a rare opportunity to lead the aesthetic development of a new Respawn IP.
- You'll report directly to project leadership in a flat structure, with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You'll work in a well-knit team where your work has a disproportionately large impact.
- We value living up to and iterating on our team culture. We especially hold ourselves accountable to psychological safety, feeling valued, and servant leadership.
- No crunch or overtime. We oppose crunch glorification, and instead, make the most of our dev time by prioritizing sustained periods of deep work and taking efficient meeting culture seriously.
- We invest time, care, and effort in your career growth, role evolution, and learning.
- Pioneer ways to allow our players to "adventure until the heat death of the universe".
- Work with all disciplines to establish the vision for a scalable and unique aesthetic that fulfills the project's goals and pillars.
- Bring high consistency of aesthetic and technical quality across all art content in the game.
- Bring your unique artistic perspective and voice to game design and technical discussions.
- Build an art team within intentionally tight headcount limits, and as you grow the team, manage up to 4 direct reports.
- Grow your teammates through career mentoring, regular 1:1s, and feedback sessions.
- Help build the team and model the culture. Rotate through interview panels for all disciplines, help onboard staff, and tend to team health and culture in open team discussions.
- Promote and build an inclusive work environment.
- Direct the development of out-of-game artwork such as key art and marketing assets.
- When needed, liaise with external partners to ensure that our artistic quality goals are met.
- At least 10 years in game development, including 3 years in a senior or leadership role in an art department. Whether or not you are experienced in managing people, you're eager to develop those skills further or train from scratch and will perform managing responsibilities conscientiously.
- You have comprehensive art skills and hands-on ability - enough to support a small incubation team with quick placeholders and experimental assets, both 2D and 3D.
- You can create rapid paintovers to communicate ideas and feedback quickly to audiences ranging anywhere from expert artists to complete non-artists.
- You're an excellent listener and skilled translator between art and other departments.
- You are curious about how things work and you love to learn. You often want to understand the design of things and find ways to apply your art knowledge to solve problems in other domains.
- You gravitate naturally towards elevating gameplay function and player experience and can explain how you'd apply your deep repertoire of art skills to help solve problems in those areas.
- You're comfortable with public speaking, presenting, and facilitating group discussions.
If all this inspires you, we’d love to hear from you. Don’t let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our journey. To apply, please submit your resume and a link to your portfolio, and we’ll get back to you once we have a chance to review.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director (New Game Incubation Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2022-02-23 18:01:28.293
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.