Design Director - Ridgeline Games
Multiple Locations: Seattle, WA, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 171694
Position Title: Senior Game Design Director II
Design Director - Ridgeline Games
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
You are responsible for the design team and design vision of new Battlefield narrative experiences. Your job is to orchestrate the mission design, narrative, game mechanics, and systems to create the highest quality experience possible. You foster a strong relationship with creative, engineering, and production to create and maintain an exceptional and inclusive design team.
Your job is to embrace the core tenets of the Battlefield franchise and make sure they are woven through all layers of masterfully designed narrative experiences. You will drive the construction of the studio’s design team and culture and build an amazing game from concept through release. You are also responsible for leading iteration of the product design based on feedback from peers, company stakeholders, and team members while holding to the core vision.
- Define and lead the design efforts necessary for the creation of a best-in-class narrative experience.
- Continually vet the product design from an execution, business, and achievability standpoint and adjust as needed, while holding to the core vision.
- Define, drive, strategize, and iterate playable prototypes at all phases of the game’s development to maintain scope and quality.
- Communicate the game’s design vision across all of the team’s members and partners, both internal and external.
- Plan for and drive a strategy for launch and post release support as an integrated part of core development.
- Work with art, design, and engineering directors to ensure the game meets the Creative Director’s vision.
- Start with a player-first mentality, driven by a passionate aim to know, understand, and serve the players who are engaged with the game.
- Assigns tasks for the design team and evaluates quality of the deliverables and gives feedback for improvement.
- Passion and deep understanding of narrative experiences and how to innovate within that space.
- Previous experience as a Director Level or large-org leadership level.
- Proven ability to formulate and drive full project concepts across all disciplines.
- Loves to listen to the team first, then make informed decisions.
- Can convey a vision clearly and inspire the team to execute on it.
- Ability to navigate decision making between multiple partner studios while effectively leading a team during all phases of a project.
- Fosters alignment through the team’s leadership and seeks to collaborate smoothly in a way that empowers others.
- Is transparent and candid when providing feedback while keeping it constructive.
- Works closely with production to define scope and maintain progress.
- Leads by example.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Director - Ridgeline Games
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 211
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.