Game Designer I
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 171643
Position Title: Game Designer I
Game Designers are responsible for devising what a game consists of and how it plays, following the vision of the Creative/Game Director. They plan and define all the elements and components of a game, including its setting, structure, rules, story flow, characters, objects, vehicles, and devices available to the characters; interface design; and game modes.
Originality and creativity are valued, but a thorough knowledge of a game’s target audience and the market is equally if not more important. Game Designers should also have a deep understanding of the capabilities and benefits of different hardware platforms (e.g. Mobile, PC, console,), as well as familiarity with software technologies and techniques appropriate to each platform.
It is the Game Designer’s responsibility to ensure that the whole team understands and shares the original concept and vision of the game as outlined by the Creative/Game Director. During development, the Game Designer adjusts the original specification to respond to technical constraints and to incorporate new programming and art creation methods developed by the team. The Game Designer also trains testers to play the game, making sure that they understand what is expected of the finished product.
- Work with multi-disciplined teams including Producers, Artists, Programmers, Marketing, and other Leads to drive the team’s understanding of the project’s vision
- Develop and maintain level design documentation, including but not limited to mechanics, guidelines, and gameplay outlines
- Plan and define all the elements and components of a game, including its setting, structure, rules, story flow, characters, objects, and peripherals available to the characters, interface design, and game modes
- Develop Prototypes in any tool of preference to prove design concept to team and iterate. - Contribute by bringing new ideas to the table regarding every facet of the game
- Coordinate with Leads to ensure that level design documentation and implementation are realistic and remain on schedule; participate in regular, hands-on interaction with Producer and Software Engineers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements
- Lead assigned development team to define the creative vision, technical specifications, fun factor, and product content for assigned products
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with internal and external creative resources
- Establishes focus groups; trains testers to play the game, making sure that they understand what is expected of the finished product
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of game design experience
- Experience working on mobile F2P games from concept through live service
- Experience working on F2P RPG/JRPGs/ Battle Arenas/ MMO/ CCG is a bonus
- A deep understanding of F2P RPG/JRPGs/ Battle Arenas/ MMO/ CCG is expected
- Serious passion for games and able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses
- Designed and developed major game systems for at least one shipped mobile title
- Demonstrable content creation skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative in a highly dynamic environment
- Creatively, analytically, and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, upbeat, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A degree/ diploma in Game Design or equivalent is preferred, but not required
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Lua, Python, TypeScript) is a bonus
- Experience working with licensed products is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer I
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-02-14 08:07:11.553
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。