Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 171515
Position Title: Software Engineer I
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging, and that's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the automation and tools development team supporting Maxis, one of the EA's Premier development studios.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the quality verification team at EA Redwood Shores or EA Austin.
This Software Engineer role in the Quality Engineering organization works with Quality Assurance and Game Development to create tools and technical strategies. The goal is to improve automation infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the Game Development and QA processes. You will ensure a seamless partner experience, focusing on understanding our partner's needs and building proper tooling solutions to satisfy their requirements and blend in with their existing workflows. You will report to the Quality Engineering technology leader, who will help you identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing. You will also be an on the ground leader in the local team and wider Quality Engineering organization.
We are looking for a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across many groups and lead individuals in both the development and quality verification domains to build excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you affect our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out this video for more information on the discipline: https://youtu.be/vr121jg7OVE
- Hands-on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new frameworks, platforms, tools and services.
- Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to develop, deliver, own and improve reliable tools and platforms.
- Collaborate within a small to medium team of quality analysts, artists and engineers both locally and remotely.
- Develop automation frameworks, tools, engine components and processes used across studios.
- Instrumentation, profiling and collection of game runtime metrics.
- Create reusable technologies.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets across a small team of engineers.
- Work with Unreal Engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Provide high-level estimates for technical projects.
- You will provide technical expertise, best practices, and support other engineers on our teams.
- Collaboration with your Quality Engineering Technical Director, Game Development and QA partners to provide new tools and automation strategies.
- 3+ years of professional development experience with OOP Languages, C++.
- 1+ years of professional development experience with scripting languages like Python.
- 1+ years of professional experience working with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets.
- Contributor to technical architecture & design documents for small/medium sized features
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, and quality methodologies.
- Understanding of the role of software quality assurance in game development and desire to make QA more successful through tools/automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in technical design, test-driven development, and collaborative code review.
- Experience with AAA game engines Unreal Engine 4/UE4.
- Visual scripting languages and Behavior-driven Development practices.
- Experience with iOS or Android software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent).
- Holding CSM, CSPO, A-CSPO, PMP or other Agile/Scrum and management certifications.
- Professional development experience with C#.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2022-03-15 17:45:17.76
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.