Software Engineer in Test
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 171428
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 1
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.Frostbite is the one engine for Electronic Arts and through our unique development process, we aim to produce a functional, reliable, usable and high-performance product for our game developers.
As a prospective employee, we wish to provide you with personal and career growth through constructive feedback, and to present you with the opportunity to collaborate with talented people situated across the globe. To help you on your journey, there will be opportunities for training courses internally and externally so that you may strengthen your skill sets.
As a Software Engineer in Test for Frostbite, you will partner with the QA and development teams to define, design, build, and implement tests, tools and solutions to empower our team to raise the bar in Quality on Frostbite. You will get to propose your ideas on automation approach, apply creative solutions, and offer suggestions on and build tools that you believe can empower the team. EA has thousands of Frostbite users worldwide so every automated test and tool you write, every optimization you apply, and every problem you solve has wide, positive impacts. You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, use the Frostbite tools to create unique automated tests, formulate test strategies for implementation and integration of technologies, and will think laterally to identify requirements, roadblocks, or efficiencies that your partners may not be considering.
Being a Software Engineer in Test for Frostbite is more than just coding – it’s about supporting your QA and development peers and growing with your colleagues. As an integral and unique part of the team, you will create and deploy technical testing and test automation where yesterday’s best practices are not necessarily tomorrow’s solutions. You will debug problems, breathe new life into technical dead-ends, and work with the QA team to ensure existing and new features run smoothly and work effectively.
- Build tests and tools to empower the QA and development teams.
- Foster working relationships with QA, engineering, and other stakeholders. Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met.
- Interpret requests from your QA and engineering partners, account for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not be considering, and ultimately propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
- Write automated tests to cover existing and new test scenarios.
- Bachelors’ degrees in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 2+ years of development or applied coding experience
- Proficient in at least one coding language (Python, C++, C#, Java, other.)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Ability to take ownership of project requirements without constant supervision.
- Ability to context switch, learn new systems and in-house tools.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio, etc).
Bonus Points for...
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Any testing and QA experience.
- Experience with SQL, Python, C#, or C++.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer in Test
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-02-03 21:02:19.647
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。